Sunday, February 18, 2007

Great bird for the Great Backyard Bird Count!

Since this is the weekend of the Great Backyard Bird Count, I decided to drop by my mom's place in town and tally up her yard and feeder birds. After about 15 minutes of watching, I glanced to my right, and not 10 feet from me I spotted this little cutie in a tangle of wisteria:



Common Redpoll! That's a really good bird down here! So I ran home to get my camera, notify the TN-Birds listserve, and make some phone calls. I managed several passable photos through the windows:





First redpoll I've ever seen in the southern States in my many years of birding down here, and I likely wouldn't have found it without the GBBC for incentive.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice find Bill!

MH
Duluth, MN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter