Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Money shot

On the fourth morning of staking out the feeder in my mom's front yard the light, bird, birder, optics, and camera all came together simultaneously to yield some good shots of our visiting Common Redpoll. When I first reported the bird nine days ago, Chris Sloan (our regional editor for North American Birds) asked me to be sure and save any pictures I got, no matter how bad, since there were very few photos of redpolls in Tennessee. We've remedied that situation!

Photos taken by me about 10:25 this morning. Click on any for a larger view.







Mike Todd also posted an album of pictures he took last week.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger John B. said...

Some of the 'bad' shots might be easier for identification purposes, but these are much better to look at. A redpoll in Tennessee is a really great sighting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter